To assist instructional planning and teaching, students are assessed prior to learning sessions. The initial diagnostic assessment is usually completed over one or two sessions and provides information on:
- phonological awareness (ability to identify and manipulate sounds in spoken language)
- letter-sound correspondences
- encoding (spelling)
- decoding (reading)
A written analysis and summary of the assessment is provided.
*ReadsWell does not diagnose Dyslexia. The Australian Dyslexia Association provides an affordable pre-assessment screening service. Comprehensive assessments can be obtained through an Educational psychologist.
One-on-one learning sessions are:
- 60 minutes duration
- twice-weekly, within the school term framework
- personalised and paced to meet individual learning needs
- emotionally sound - students are praised and encouraged, gain confidence in their abilities and experience success in their learning